A high motivated, recent MSc graduate in Advanced Computer Science with a keen interest in Data Mining, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing and Information Technology. Also, a high level of experience in programming particularly web development. Having strong technical knowledge and skills with a good academic background gained from previous jobs and studies. Experienced in working with teaching and researching as well as received several appreciation letters. Currently I am working as a computer programmer at the deanship of information technology and looking for either a Ph.D. scholarship or another job that would make best use of my skills and knowledge.
- (September 2013 – March 2018): Ph.D., Computing, University of Leeds. My thesis was in Ontology Learning titled as “Ontology Learning from the Arabic Text of the Qur’an: Concepts Identification and Hierarchical Relationships Extraction”.
- (September 2011 – September 2012): M.Sc. , Advanced Computer Science, University of Leeds. My dissertation was in Data-Mining, which concerns about recognising pattern and links in the Corpus of texts. During the M.Sc. I have written more than 15 papers, in Advanced Computer Science, such as Cloud Computing, Data-Mining, Modelling, Simulation, Machine Learning, Knowledge Management, etc.
- (February 2001 – January 2005): B.Sc., Computer Science, Taibah University. My project was to develop a Management System for Hospitals.
Developed various applications in Visual Basic, C++, Java and C#.
Employment and Experience
- (November 2005 – Present): Computer Programmer, department of Internet Services, Information Technology Centre, Taibah University.
- (June 2005 – November 2005): Software Developer at Information Technology Centre, Taibah University.
- (January 2005 – June 2005): Cooperative teacher, for one semester with Computer Science Department, College of Computer Science & Engineering, Taibah University. Assisting with the delivery of lecture and laboratory sessions to undergraduates in the following modules:
CS102 INTRO TO COMPUTER SCIENCE, CS111 DIGITAL LOGIC, CS313 ASSEMBLY LANGUAGE PROGRAMING, CS453 DATA PROCESSING MANAGEMENT and CS461 OPERATING SYSTEM.
- CompTIA® Security+® from 11-3-2006 until 22-3-2006
- PL/SQL Certificate.
- Academic – International English Language Test System (IELTS) Certificate.
- Preparing for TOEFL.
Awards and Commendations
- Letter of Appreciation, Deanship of Parallel and continuing Education for giving training courses.
- Letter of Appreciation, Deanship of Graduate Studies for developing a system that allows applicants to fill their information and attach their documents through the university website which significantly improved overall efficiency.
- Letter of Appreciation, College of Computer Science & Engineering for providing technical supporting during the Security Information Symposium.
- Letter of Appreciation. Information Technology Centre for successfully developing online services in the University.
- Playing a pivotal role in the design, development and implementing of a Taibah evaluation system.
- Collaborating with my professionals in the department of Internet services to analysing and designing the university’s portal. (see http://www.taibahu.edu.sa).
- Produced successful programs such as Taibah Evaluation, Telebook, warehouses, Hospital Information System and an online system for Postgraduate applicant .
- Actively involved in using various techniques in order to improve the efficiency.
- Giving training courses in the field of Computer Science at the Deanship of Parallel and continuing Education.
Skills & Technologies
- Data Mining.
- Machine Learning.
- Natural Language Processing.
- Modelling Tools.
- Web Development.
- Semantic Web.
- RESTful WebServices.
- Information Technology.
Languages: Arabic & English
Available on request