Sameer is currently a Ph.D. candidate in the Artificial Intelligence research group (AI). He began by studying for a BSc Computer Science at Taibah University. This was followed by an MSc in Advanced Computer Science in the School of Computing at University of Leeds.
Sameer’s general research area is Natural Language Processing and he is particularly interested in ontology learning, text mining and analysis for understanding and extracting meaning knowledge from textual resources in domains such as religious text and Classical Arabic text. My recent work focuses on learning the ontological elements from the Arabic text of the Qur’an. The main components of this work include: identifying concepts; learning hierarchical relations among the learned concepts.
- MSc in Advanced Computer Science, University of Leeds
- BSc in Computer Science, Taibah University
- Alrehaili SM; Alqahtani M; Atwell E (2018) A Hybrid Method of Aligning Arabic Qur’anic Semantic Resources Proceedings of ASAR’2018 Arabic Script Analysis and Recognition, pp. 108-113.
- Alrehaili SM; Atwell E (2018) Discovering Qur’anic Knowledge through AQD: Arabic Qur’anic Database, a Multiple Resources Annotation-level Search Proceedings of ASAR’2018 Arabic Script Analysis and Recognition, pp. 102-107.
- Alrehaili SM; Atwell E (2017) Extraction of Multi-Word Terms and Complex Terms from the Classical Arabic Text of the Quran. International Journal on Islamic Applications in Computer Science And Technology, 5 (3), pp. 15-27.
- Alrehaili SM; Atwell E (2016) A Hybrid-based Term Extraction method on the Arabic text of the Qur’an IMAN’2016 4th International Conference on Islamic Applications in Computer Science and Technologies.
- Alghamdi AAO; alqahtani; Alosaimy; Alfaifi A; Alrehaili SM (2016) A Frequency Dictionary of Arabic for learners Conference Proceedings.
- Alrehaili SM; Atwell E (2014) Computational ontologies for semantic tagging of the Quran:A survey of past approaches LREC 2014 Proceedings.
- Alrehaili SM; Atwell E (2014) Linguistics features to confirm the chronological order of the Quran Second Workshop on Arabic Corpus Linguistics, pp. 62-65.